Friday’s Top 5: Kids books
We love to read to our kids before they go to bed and during the day. It is nice to snuggle up on the couch and read some books together. Our oldest can even finish the sentences to some of the books he loves. How cute? These are our favorites right now that we are reading together.
1. Job Site by Nathan Clement This book will delight every little construction site lover. He loves to look at the pictures and finishes the sentences. “This job is done.” So cute! It would make a great stocking suffer.
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle We love this book so much! I have taught our oldest to say butterfly in Spanish by reading this book to him. I like to try to teach hime the 20-30 common place words that I know in Spanish as we interact during our day. A plus is that this was my favorite book as a child.
3. The Halloween Play by Felicia Bond This book is super cute and not too scary if you had little ones that are not into ghosts or goblins. If you grab it tonight, it should arrive by Halloween = a big bonus! The pictures are so cute with the little mouse in a school play. A must for Halloween.
4. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina We love to read this book and shake our fingers at the monkeys and say “tsss, tsss, tsss.” I hold the book above our heads when the peddler looks up, I look to the right, left and behind when he does the same. This really makes the book come alive. The sequel, More Caps for Sale is a go to book at bedtime as well.
5. Don’t Push the Button by Bill Cotter My kids got this book from their Aunt a year ago. Wow, it is so interactive. You have to shake the book, push the botton, rub Larry’s belly, etc. The interactive part makes is fun for 2 year old or older. I highly recommend.